

Today I went to see the "Monet in Normandy" exhibit at the North Carolina Museum of Art. It was just a quick road trip to Raleigh and back. A friend from my sis's church asked me to go with her as she had an extra ticket. We had such fun pouring over the paintings and trying see what Monet must have saw when painting his masterpieces.
Since I studied abroad in France during my college years, I love Monet and the Impressionism era. Evidently this exhibit is only making three stops in the U.S., so this was such a treat!
Across the ocean today, Jeff is starting his cultural training class. This week long class helps you get acclimated to Sicily and its culture and customs. From what I hear, you learn some key Italian phrases as well as other useful info. Jeff also tells me that you take a "get lost" trip in which you go to a near-by city with a small group and then find your way back to the base. Sounds adventurous to me! I will take this class when I get there also. When I finally get there....

No comments:
Post a Comment