If there is a way to learn patience, I think I have discovered it. That does not mean that I have mastered it, but I am learning how to have it.
I guess I've always been accustomed to that phrase "hurry up and wait" but not to this degree. On the other hand, I realize that I am getting accustomed to waiting and trying to not get my hopes up. Again, this does not mean that I have become more patient...yet, but I am learning...
I now understand how hard it must be for spouses and children to have loved ones in the military overseas or deployed. I understand how important it is to be supportive to those loved ones abroad, but to also have your own support system in place. My main support that has helped me through it all is my faith in God. I know it would be much harder otherwise.
Update: The latest and greatest news is that I will fly out on Feb 4th from Norfolk. Of course, that could change...I'll keep you posted!
A final farewell, for now at least
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment