We are definitely in store for a grand adventure--that we can be sure! As I write, Jeff is already in Sicily. After celebrating the Christmas holidays with all of our family in Georgia, Alabama, and North Carolina, Jeff flew on to Sicily. We were bummed that we didn't get to spend our first New Year's Eve together, but hey, we have many more to come!
We are now waiting for my passport and visa to be processed so that I can join Jeff in Sicily. They (the Navy) have predicted that I will fly out of Norfolk soon. Being a new Navy wife, I have already learned that patience is a requirement if you want to maintain sanity. The Navy has its own timing, and you must learn to "go with it".
So, in the meantime, I've been visiting with family and friends, reading books that I never had time for before, exercising, updating my resume, and praying that the phone will ring to tell me that my passport is ready.
Jeff is adjusting to being back in Sicily. He has reported that the housing options are looking good. Also, it seems that the bases and surrounding area have changed quite a bit since he was there last time. (This will be Jeff's second time being stationed in Sicily). It sounds like the bases are stocked with plenty to do as they have a movie theater, work-out facility, grocery stores,retail store, and restaurants. And that's not even including life outside the base and the amazing scenery. It sounds like we are going to enjoy this tour of duty. I'll keep you posted!
A final farewell, for now at least
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment