
Here's something you don't see everyday in the states. Sheep holding up traffic.
I had an appointment yesterday on the base, so I made the trip. It's about a 30-40 minute drive to the base from our housing development. Since we live in the country, it is not unusual to see herds of sheep, cows, or horses. Sometimes the farmers walk their herds down the middle of the street.
Yesterday I encountered 2 herds. One going to the base and one when I was driving home. Basically, you have to just stop your car and wait for them to pass. I usually try to get on one side of the road so that they will just go around the car. That doesn't always happen. Since sheep are not so bright, they will go around both sides of the car. Next thing you know, you are in the middle of the herd in your car. It's a strange, yet funny experience. Yesterday a couple of the sheep tapped on my driver side window with their noses as if they were saying, "hello in there." One even stopped to lick my driver side mirror. I guess it tasted good.
Wow--things that I could never see happening in Virginia.

2 comments:
I guess that's where Italian wool comes from, eh? ;)
Too funny!
Post a Comment