Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Settling In

It seems as though we are getting used to living in Sicily and are settling in. We are adjusting to the food and the way of life.

However, this week I did try some new entrees. I had lunch with a friend on Monday. We had pistachio pasta. I would have never thought of having pistachios in a pasta, but it was very good. It was made with fettuccine noodles tossed with the pistachios and a green, creamy sauce.

We also had veal meatballs, grilled beefsteak, and potatoes. The potatoes were called "crumb" potatoes. They looked like tater tots, but had the consistency of mashed potatoes on the inside. They were delicious!

The funniest part about this story is that this restaurant is located at a gas station. In the states, I wouldn't think that a good place to eat would be a restaurant at gas station. However, here it's normal and acceptable to say, "Yeah, I'll meet you at the gas station for lunch."

No comments: