Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Humor and a haircut

Today a friend and I decided to get our hair cut. I also wanted to get some high-lights. We originally were planning to go to the mall for our haircuts. However, after talking about it, we decided to find an English-speaking salon. We both felt that we may not be able to accurately describe what we wanted done to our hair in Italian.

We went to a salon that is across the street from the base. This particular salon is advertised in the base newspaper as "convenient to the base and English spoken." So we gave it a go.

The salon owner was a gregarious (and hilarious) German woman who has lived in Sicily for the past 20 years. She speaks several languages including English. From the moment we walked in the door, she was telling us stories and making us laugh.

As far as our hair, we were both happy with the results. We both agreed that we would be back again for our next haircut.

Afterwards, my friend and I had some lunch and did some window shopping at the mall. It was the perfect girly-girl day!

1 comment:

the travelers said...

I'm so glad you have a buddy! I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow, but not in any place as chic as an Italian salon. ;)