Monday, April 16, 2007

Thursday's adventure!


Jeff and I decided to venture out on another road trip. We both had heard that Taormina is a beautiful city that we should see. It is definitely a tourist hot spot, according to my Sicily guide book. However, April is supposedly a great time to visit before it gets too crowded. It was actually still somewhat crowded for a Thursday afternoon in April. A school bus of kids arrived at the same time we did. Mama mia!

All kidding aside, we had a wonderful time. Taormina is a city on a hill with mountains that flow down to the sea. It was one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. It has a quaint town at the top of the mountain that you have to take a shuttle bus to reach.

Jeff and I spent some time walking around, looking at the shops, and taking in the amazing panoramic view at the top. We decided to have some dinner and found a cute restaurant that had terrace. We enjoyed more of the view as we ate dinner. After dinner we got some gelato and looked at a few more shops. This was definitely a fabulous day. To see more of our day, click here.

3 comments:

Lacie said...

Ya'll have quite the life!!! :-)

Unknown said...

Ok missy...you're tempting to come on over....

the travelers said...

Wow - breathtaking! You're in most Americans (at least mine!) idea of paradise! I'm so happy for you both!