This week has been a busy week so far. On Tuesday, I went on a field trip called "shopping for local food." The base has several events planned for military spouses. These events are very informative and are usually free.
On Tuesday, we were supposed to go to an open air market to shop for local food. However, since it was a rainy day, the markets were closed. Instead we went to Carrefour, which is similar to Wal-mart. It was still a very successful field trip as our guide helped us recognize signs and names of food. I bought some fresh fruits, vegetables, bread, and cheese. I even got some espresso to try!
On Wednesday, I started an Italian language class. They are offering this class in my neighborhood. It was so helpful. It will meet each Wednesday of the month of April. I am hoping to be able to hold somewhat of a conversation in Italian.
We are looking forward to exploring more of the island of Sicily when Jeff has some time off. Life here is definitely interesting!
A final farewell, for now at least
13 years ago

1 comment:
Sounds great Jill. That is awesome that you are going to be learning Italian. I'm so happy. I know how much you've always wanted to travel and that you always had a feeling you would be a part of military life.
I love you Jill.
Post a Comment