
You haven't heard from me in a few days because I have been in class. All last week and this week, I have been in class. The base requires all of the new arrivals, including their spouses, to go through an indoctrination and cultural class. Last week we learned how to function on the bases (i.e., go to the grocery store, find the post office and mail items, go to the library, etc). This week we are learning about Italian/Sicilian culture as well as some key Italian phrases.
Also this week our class will go on a field trip to the closest large city-Catania. There we will explore a Cathedral, do some shopping, see an open air market, and have an authentic Italian meal. The above picture was taken by Jeff when his class went out for a meal. I can't wait! Jeff told me I'll need a strong stomach for the meat market as they have raw fish out on display. Stinky!
Our biggest challenge has been having one car. Many mornings we've had to get up at 5am to get me to class and Jeff to work or to his workout. It makes for a long day!
I've also met some other wives in the class, which has been great. We are all in the same situation of adjusting to our new surroundings. Some of the ladies I have met are from VA. It's really a small world after all.
Stay posted for more fun info from my week in class as I learn more about Sicily. Ciao!

No comments:
Post a Comment