Monday, March 5, 2007

Another Roadtrip


Jeff and I decided to find another mall that we had heard about in Misterbianco. We heard that there was a HUGE new mall in the Motta/Misterbianco area. So we ventured out on Saturday in search for this mall named Etnapolis.

The drive to the mall was gorgeous and somewhat scary! We went through the town of Motta, which is a town on a hill heading towards the direction of Mt. Etna. We drove around beautiful landscapes and small winding cobblestone streets. There was one street on the way that made me feel like I was in San Franciso as we went straight up an incline that seemed like we were going up the side of a mountain--not around, straight up! I was enjoying the view so much that I forgot to take pictures. I did however snap a picture on Mt. Etna from the top of the mall parking garage.

It was neat seeing the local apartments, restaurants, bars, and pastry shops in Motta. We plan to make another trip to Motta one evening for dinner. I can't wait!

Now, on to Etnapolis! It is a modern European mall with over 100 stores and approximately 10 restaurants. We enjoyed looking around and window shopping. One thing we found funny was the abundance of underwear stores. Italians seemingly love underwear!

Our favorite store was Carrefour, which was very similar to Auchan--a European Walmart of sorts. We bought a few groceries: fresh Italian bread, veggies, juice, and a few other items. I asked Jeff to let me pay the cashier so that I could practice using Euro. (We exchange US dollars into Euro before going out into the economy.)

Perhaps one of the best things about this trip was tasting gelatto. I got a small scoop of half sweet cream and half coffee flavored gelatto. It was so delicious!

We then ventured home right after the sun had set. It was beautiful. Jeff was such a great navigator. I was so proud of his navigator skills through the narrow streets. This is definitely the beginning of many fun road trips around Sicily!

1 comment:

the travelers said...

How fun! I'm so glad you two are having such a great time in your newlywed days! :)