Last Friday my class took a trip to Catania. Catania is the closet urban city from our vast countryside surroundings. We had such a great time!
As I described in an earlier blog about Jeff's trip, I saw pretty much the same sites that he saw on his trip. However, hearing about it and experiencing it are definitely different.
Walking through the open air market was exciting and gross all at the same time. Gross meaning seeing the sight (and smell) of the raw fish and meat. A few of my classmates and I ate a raw oyster at the market. It was good! Thank goodness for the fresh lemon juice on it! There were also clothes, shoes, sunglasses, and faux designer purses. I bought a scarf in which I bargained with the vendor. I was so proud of myself!
We saw ancient ruins, a beautiful cathedral, and rows of cobblestone streets with beautiful buildings with wrought-iron balconies.
For lunch we ate at a delicious restaurant in which we had a divine 5 course meal. We had bruschetta, pasta, salad, chicken, calamari, and tiramisu for dessert.
It was definitely a day of rich European culture and food!

1 comment:
Sounds amazing!! I can't wait to come visit.
Post a Comment