Monday, June 2, 2008

Who would have thought?


It's amazing how living overseas for almost a year and a half will change you. I can't believe I am going to say this, but I actually love Sicily. After being homesick for several of the first months, I am really enjoying the Sicilian lifestyle. The landscape is amazing here! Some days I look out the car window and think, "Wow! I live HERE!" Don't get me wrong, I still love the states, but there is something magical about living here.

I've already thought about the things I will miss when we move back to the states: fresh bread, pistachio pasta, olives and fresh olive oil, cappuccinos, and of course, the beautiful scenery. We've also met some really great people here, both American and Italian. What a great experience it has been so far.

2 comments:

the travelers said...

Yea! That is so good to hear. While we still miss you terribly here in the states, it is comforting to know that you are enjoying your life there. Here's to life's grand adventures! :)

Sheena said...

I get amazed out of the blue, the same way. We start to get used to everything and forget to just stop and notice our surroundings even. We're starting our year countdown, I'm not sure how I'm going to feel going back. Part of me can't wait, and then part of me still wants to do so much here. :) I have a recipe for Pistachio Pasta. I'll have to give it to you the next time I see you. Or if you have Angie's email, ask her, b/c she has it too. ciao!