Home...hmm...where is that? I guess for our family Sicily is our home. I write this thought out because I almost wrote, "Grant and I are home in the states visiting family...", but then I realized that Sicily is actually our home. At least, it is for now anyway. And I must say, I do miss it. However, trips to Target and Starbucks help ease the pain!
Grant and I have been enjoying being in the states visiting my mom and sister. Grant has been meeting and hanging out with relatives he's never met before: Uncle Stephen, Aunt Kari, Mimi, and lots of cousins. He is definitely enjoying himself! His two older cousins, Josiah(6) and Nathan(4), make him laugh every time he sees them. He has also enjoyed playing with their sister Ella(4 months old). Grant is having a blast except for the fact that he is still waking up at 3am every morning due to jet lag. Every night when I go to bed, I pray for a 6am wake-up call instead of 3am or 4am as has been the case for the past five days.
Next he will get to meet his relatives on his Daddy's side of the family. Grant has a lot of people to meet and places to go. Who knew he would be such a jet-setter at only 6 months old?
A final farewell, for now at least
13 years ago

1 comment:
I'm totally feeling you on the ambiguity of "home"! We're moving out of PA on Monday, on to a new "home" in a couple months. Looking forward to seeing you in just a few days!! :)
Post a Comment