Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Back in Italy

I just got back last week from a trip to the states. I had a wonderful time visiting with family and friends. It was great to see people and to stock up on baby stuff.

Now that I am back in Italy, I have been busy! After spending a few days unpacking and getting settled, I started volunteering at one of the satellite universities on the base. I had originally applied for a job with the university as an academic advisor. The job was not offered due budget cuts. So I was asked if I would be interested in volunteering. Since I applied for this job before I found out we were having a baby, this works out nicely. Of course it would be nice to be earning a little moola, but this gives me a chance to get out of the house a couple of days a week. And since it is only volunteer work, I set my own hours and I can quit when it gets closer to the baby's due date.

It's been nice being back in Italy with my husband. If only we can endure the hot, hot weather, I think it will be a fun summer. (It's supposed to be 102 degrees on Saturday! Mama Mia!)

1 comment:

Lacie said...

Ciao Bella,
So glad to hear you got back safely (despite how long it took!)
It was great to see you. Take care!