
I had to write about this because it is sort of funny. I got up this morning and headed towards the kitchen for breakfast and coffee.
Afterwards, I went into our living room to check email and drink my coffee. As I was sitting at the computer desk, I was distracted from my emails by the sound of rustling papers and/or scratching noises. As I turn my head, I see a medium sized green gecko sitting on the arm of the couch looking at me.
I jumped up and screamed and the gecko jumped up and ran to the other side of the couch. In a way, it almost sounded like it screamed too! (After some research, I found out that geckos are the only lizards that make a "barking" throat noise.)
I yelled for Jeff. When Jeff came downstairs his reply was, "Well, I'm not sure what to do." We stood there for a minute staring at him and he stared at us. Jeff had left his camouflage jacket on the couch. This became the gecko's hiding spot in the pocket. We could see his beady little eyes and little head staring out at us. We tried to scoop him up, but he ran too fast. We didn't want to harm him, we just wanted him out of the house. He was actually kind of cute for a lizard.
We finally captured him in a plastic container and got him out the front door. I guess I'd rather have a gecko over for breakfast than a snake. Jeff tells me that geckos are common in the Mediterranean area. They supposedly eat bugs and are harmless, but the thought of him sitting on the couch with me isn't that appealing. Who knows, maybe he wanted to use the computer since he came to visit me at the desk!
What a morning!

2 comments:
I would have LOST it!! you guys are so brave!
I had not laughed so hard in a very long time. I am so glad that you guys are getting to live this adventure!! I can live it with you both!!!! I am not sure what I would have done since we used to go to Helen and catch spring lizards all of the time years ago. Love Stacey
Post a Comment