We put our tree up this week. It was an interesting venture to say the least. Grant definitely had more interest in the tree this year. His first Christmas he didn't even know a tree existed as he was only 22 days old on Christmas 2007.

Last year, Christmas 2008, he saw the tree but really didn't give it much thought or attention.
This year is a whole different story. He was excited the minute we lugged in the boxes of ornaments. It was a neat family experience. He helped put ornaments on the tree and got excited when we plugged in the lights.
The next day after the tree had been up for 24 hours is when the chaos began. Grant thinks that the glittered balls on the tree are balls that you throw. He also likes to re-decorate the tree by taking ornaments off and placing them in another spot...or by throwing them. So we have had a few causalities with a few of my favorite ornaments broken, but I guess I just have to realize that a decorated tree with glittery things on it is very exciting for a 2-year-old boy. As a result I have had to take some of the ornaments off the tree and move most of them up to higher, safer domains while leaving a few non-breakable ones down below for Grant to touch or "arrange" as he sees fit. So now it looks like our tree is only decorated on the top half. Oh well! I have to laugh because it is actually kind of funny. Life is never boring with an active toddler!

2 comments:
How funny! You have a great attitude about it too.
Jill, you totally need to get some shatter proof ornaments (well, they're just plastic really). Most stores sell them now, although I'm sure they might be difficult to get in Italy! You'll have to get some for next year! Love your tree and I can't believe Grant has gotten so big! What a cutie!
Post a Comment