


It has been really difficult keeping up with this blog lately. I started to wonder why, but now I realize why! We have been SO incredibly busy lately. From my trip to the states in October to house hunt to now, we have been moving in super-fast mode.
We have been doing a lot of things with friends so as to enjoy our last moments here in Sicily. Even though I have missed family, stateside friends, and the good 'ole USA a lot, I do realize that once we board the plane for our final transatlantic flight I will miss this place. A lot.
Isn't that always the case? Wherever you go for an extended amount of time, you adapt. And if you are lucky like me, not only do you adapt, but you actually start to enjoy yourself. I will really miss the amazing food, wine, cappuccinos, and breath-taking scenery of Sicily, but it will be the friendships we have made here that will be the hardest to let go.
We have been really blessed to have met some really amazing people here. People who encouraged us as a newly wed couple. People who helped us in countless ways when we had our baby boy. People who showed us the best restaurants to try. Those who had us over to their homes. People who made us a part of their lives and who became like family.
I feel so blessed to met so many amazing friends that have become a part of our lives. Yes, life-long friendships have been made here. That's why I am going to try to not say good-bye, but simply "See you soon." For to say that final good-bye is going to be too hard and more than I can comprehend. However I know that this is part of the package when you are a military family. Being a military family also means that at some point you may run into some of your friends again. Same friends, different location. Goes to show you that life is always full of surprises and wonderful gifts. We are truly blessed.

2 comments:
Great Post! We will miss you guys too. I'm so glad we are not saying goodbye, only see you soon!
Oh, I'm sorry for the sad part of leaving, but we can't wait to have you back! :)
Post a Comment