Friday, February 6, 2009

Mom on a mission

Today my little buddy (as I fondly call Grant...which, coincidentally, he answers to both Grant and "buddy.") woke up sick. Even though his mother is a clean-freak, he still got sick. So instead of trying to figure out how or why he got sick, I decided it was time to move into operative mode. Operation Grant Get Well-Baby!

I went to the Exchange today and bought a humidifier and baby rub (similar to Vick's Vapor Rub, but only has mild ingredients such as lavender and eucalyptus). I already have infant Motrin and saline spray for "little noses". I was a mom on a mission. No sheep herds or Italian drivers were going to slow me down today. Although I did try to avert my eyes when I passed by the Italian guy peeing on the side of the road on the way to base. It will be so nice to get back to the states and not have to see men urinating on the side of the road every time I drive somewhere! (Sorry, slight digression.)

I knew Grant wasn't feeling well last night when his snoring over the monitor woke me up. Poor guy. Don't tell him I laughed. His snoring rivals that of his father's.

But on the bright side, Grant was still his usual cheerful and laughing self today even though it was evident he didn't feel well. He would pause between playing and come over to lay his head on mine or Jeff's legs. Over all though, he is such a trooper, a super-duper trooper in my book!

No comments: