Thursday, July 16, 2009

Traveling and Playing Hostess

Gosh, where does the time go? We have been so busy lately that I haven't had much time to blog.

So here's the catch up: About 2 weekends ago, Jeff, Grant, and I went to Cefalu with two other families for a weekend getaway. Cefalu is a BEAUTIFUL town on the northern coast of Sicily. We stayed at a really cute hotel that had its own little private beach. We also spent time at the pool as well as exploring the town of Cefalu. If you are ever in Sicily, I highly recommend checking out Cefalu.

After our trip, I had a good friend from high school come to visit. She and her daughter stayed for 6 fun-filled days. We took lots of road trips and spent a lot of time catching up. It was great.

This week we are in recovery mode. However, while resting up we are trying to decide where to go next! We have only a short amount of time left here in sunny Sicily and so much more to see! Here are some pictures from our trip to Cefalu.


This is a picture of Grant on the terrace of the hotel where we stayed.






This is our little beach bum. The beach in Cefalu was peeble-y instead of being sand.




This is the breath-taking view of the private beach connected to our hotel. The next photo is a side view of our hotel. There were quite a few steps down from the hotel to the beach. I think someone counted 98 steps!





1 comment:

Shelly said...

I found your blog through blog surfing.. HA! We were stationed in Sicily from 2002-2005. We miss it soooo much, Cefalu was one of our favorite places to visit.. it was nice seeing these fantastic photos..