I just realized that I had not written about our camping trip over Labor Day weekend! Yes, the Thomas family went camping!
It was fun and challenging. Camping at the beach is not the most baby-friendly thing we've ever done, but we managed. Grant did great! The hardest part was all three of us sleeping together in our tent. Since his second day home from the hospital, Grant has slept in his own bed in his own room. Of course, there has been exceptionals while traveling, but for the most part, he sleeps in his own bed.
Don't get me wrong...Grant slept well. Jeff and I, however, not so well. Grant is a snuggler. Whenever he sleeps with us, he gets as close to me as possible. It sounds cute, but I don't sleep for fear that I will roll over onto him. Jeff didn't sleep that great either because he kept rolling off the air mattress. It was comical at first, but by by the second night, we were ready for our own beds.
Besides the sleeping situation, we had a great time. We camped with three other families at a beach on the west coast of Sicily. We went to Eraclea Minoa which is not far from Agrigento. It was a gorgeous place to camp. Hearing the ocean and the waves at night is amazing!
So we decided that we liked camping, we just need a bigger tent next time. One where Grant can have his own little bed!

1 comment:
Oh, that sounds like such fun! I bet it was beautiful! It's good to hear it can be done with a little one along - :)
Post a Comment