
I had a wonderful first Mother's Day. I always thought it would be weird to be called Mother, Momma, Ma, (or in Grant's words "ah-woo"), but it feels totally natural. I have to say...I am enjoying being a mother. It has totally changed my life, but it is a welcomed change. I never thought that I wouldn't mind that my living room and dining room are now overtaken by Grant's gear: a swing, a floor gym, a portable crib, and a diaper basket filled with diapers, spit cloths, and a few changes of clothes. I don't mind that on a daily basis Grant spits up on me or sneezes in my hair.I don't mind the poopy diapers that at times make you want to pass out. And I especially don't mind the sloppy kisses Grant gives me or the toothless smiles. I used to think that people who were always showing you pictures of their kids didn't have anything better to do. You know the ones...they open their wallets or purses to present you about 75 pictures of their precious ones. I am now THAT person. And proud of it, I might add!
We had a wonderful Mother's day yesterday. After church, Jeff cleaned up the kitchen and started cooking. We went to a potluck dinner in which all the guys were supposed to make a dish. I have to say that the guys did a great job! We ladies think they have been holding out on us! Jeff also told me that he now understands what I do on a daily basis. He informed me that he was glad he didn't have my job, but that's okay, I'll gladly take it!
So now today, I am back on the clock. A mountain of laundry is taunting me in the laundry room. Grant and I are working on feeding him cereal. I also need to mop my floors (all tile floors here in Italy!). However, it's a good day and I am proud have my current position as mother and wife.

1 comment:
Happy First Mother's Day, Jill! It sounds like you had a nice, relaxing day!
Post a Comment