Friday, November 30, 2007

Happy Belated Thanksgiving

Last week Jeff and I celebrated Thanksgiving with several other American families. One of Jeff's co-workers invited everyone from work and their families over for Thanksgiving dinner.

It was nice meeting Jeff's co-workers and their spouses. It was also nice being with a large group for dinner. My family in North Carolina always invites everyone over for Thanksgiving dinner also, so I am used to having Thanksgiving with 15 or more people. There were probably about 20 or more people at our dinner in Sicily. Hey, the more the merrier! We even had an Italian family stop by who were friends with the hosts. (Italians don't celebrate Thanksgiving, by the way. It's totally an American holiday.)

That is one of the things that is nice about living overseas on a military installation. During holidays, birthdays, and other celebrations, people tend to come together. We are each other's family while we are all living so far away from home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea! You updated your blog! I'm sure you'll have plenty to blog about now that the baby is finally here . . . if you ever get another free moment!

Coleen said...

Congratulations on your bambino! I know the first week of parenthood is exhausting and all but we want an update!

AUGURI! Enjoy every moment of your little miracle.