
On Thursday night Jeff and I decided to try a new restaurant. A friend had told us about a good restaurant in the nearby town Motta. We decided to give it a try.
The restaurant is very popular among the Italians, but not well known by Americans. We have heard since we have been here that if you want amazing food, eat where the locals eat. I must say the food here was amazing.
I wish that I had remembered to bring my camera (even though I would have looked like a crazy tourist!) The inside of the restaurant was decorated with Medieval artifacts such as shields, swords, and flags. The restaurant itself was an old barn that the owner had turned into a restaurant. I can't remember the exact name of the restaurant, but I know that its name translates into English as "The Barn."
Now on to the food! I was so delicious and fresh. I don't think I've ever had such fresh food. Even though we had 3 courses, we didn't feel stuffed as the portion sizes were perfect. We started off with bruschetta and then each had a pasta. I had pasta alla norma (homemade tomato sauce, rigitoni, fresh basil, eggplant, and Parmesan cheese). Jeff had a four cheese pasta. We then had a meat course: I had almond chicken and Jeff had veal Marsala. We ended this meal with cappuccinos (although Italians only drink cappuccinos for breakfast, we had to have one!) Yum! I am drooling as I describe the meal.
Although we both miss the states, it's meals like this that remind us that we are having cultural experiences here that are amazing!

1 comment:
looks yummy!
Hey, I think we need some updated pictures of your house, now that you're settled in and decorated. :-)
Post a Comment